Homestead Tinkerer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lenovo 11e chromebook

Go down

Lenovo 11e chromebook Empty Lenovo 11e chromebook

Post by Admin Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:30 am

Got a Lenovo 11e chromebook cheap. Ok, its convertable to uefi and linux via Mrchromebox UEFI firmware. But they put the dang write screw where you have to remove bottom, then battery, then keyboard, then plate behind keyboard, then the screw. On that Dell you just removed bottom, then the write screw. Lets just say be very, very careful of the trackpad connection ribbon. Fragile thing. Trackpad no longer works on mine. Not huge loss as trackpad is pisspoor on lot of the low end laptops including the chromebooks. But it is usable without carrying around a mouse. Oh the Lenovo uses same rare el crappo sound chip as the Dell. So now know it works in MX-21, Fedora 35, Mint-21, and think one other. So far doesnt unfortunately work in DebianDog Bookworm. It recognizes it but only shows it working to headphone, not internal speaker. I assume missing some firmware. Try and locate it in MX-21 and copy it.

Admin
Admin

https://homesteadtinkerer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lenovo 11e chromebook Empty Re: Lenovo 11e chromebook

Post by Admin Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:53 pm

Oh I saw PrimeOS which is android 11 for Intel computer. Downloaded it and burned it to a dvd. Didnt like my old desktop computer. And wouldnt boot from dvd on the converted chromebook. Today had the bright idea to use Etcher to write the iso to thumbdrive. And bingo, it boots on the converted (has UEFI bios from Mrchromebox) chromebook. I didnt try to go online as I need to add the Easytether android apk for tablets so it can tether to my phone.

I really could care less about android for most things, oh maybe sort interesting and good to have an android laptop. But about only app I really would care about is Kindle for Android. I want to see if it will work on PrimeOS. It should. My phone is older android 6. It has a built in Kindle downloader that cant be removed, however its for an older version Kindle for Android that Amazon no longer offers. I found the older version that will run on android 6 but when I try to install it, says Kindle already installed. Meaning it sees that downloader app as Kindle. Bleh. Anyway see if Kindle for Android will install on PrimeOS. I havent checked but think PrimeOS should allow me root powers by default. Though suppose not necessarily. Android is made for control freak phone companies so.... its not really made for user to do much under the hood.

Admin
Admin

https://homesteadtinkerer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down