Homestead Tinkerer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still keeping an eye out for nice truck

Go down

Still keeping an eye out for nice truck Empty Still keeping an eye out for nice truck

Post by Admin Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:37 pm

But just not anything I want. Single cab truck in good shape with manual transmission not plentiful anymore. Now if I just wanted a comfortable car, some guy has a Mercury Grand Marquis for $750 or best offer. It has some sluggishness problems which after googling, I suspect new plugs/wires/coil packs plus cleaning of MAF sensor and maybe EGR would solve. The Panther platform cars like it tended to last really well and very comfortable. But I dont drive enough to need anything more than Festiva and some kind of pickup. I suspect put the spare engine into the F250 would do. And maybe continue working on the old Dodge to bring it back to life. Neither will ride as nice as Ranger did, but... Not seeing any cheap Rangers, few cheap S10s. Lot SUVs, usually high mile with either bad engine or transmission but some of them look pretty nice they just arent worth rebuilding original drivetrain. Modern engines and trannies are really complex and expensive. Stick a carb V8 and manual tranny in them and have usable vehicle at least until we get nationwide emissions inspections. Maybe better to spend bit more and get an antique car and modernize it, would be emission exempt forever until all petroleum fueled vehicles are banned.

Admin
Admin

https://homesteadtinkerer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum