Homestead Tinkerer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tecumseh HH60 (HH70?)

Go down

Tecumseh HH60 (HH70?) Empty Tecumseh HH60 (HH70?)

Post by Admin Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:28 pm

One or the other.  Probably stamped somewhere if I look closely.  Bought it new to repower a snowblower back in early to mid 80s.  Nobody was going to give me any more for the old snowblower with good cast iron engine so put the old oil burning aluminum Tecumseh back on when I sold it.  Brought it down south in 1990 and it set and set.  Not in greatest of circumstances so rust and what not.  About ten years ago, messed with it.  Made adapter and put Honda carb on it.  The original carb rusted solid.  Wouldnt even cough despite spark.  Put it under tub in yard and forgot about it.  Anyway been messing with small engines this summer so when I stumbled on it, figured here is a challenge to see how good mechanic I am after miraculously getting the mower engines to be super easy to start this summer.  

Cleaned up coil and flywheel and got spark.  Learned a trick since last time I messed with it, namely to remove spark plug and spray some starting fluid or carb cleaner (it likes burning carb cleaner more than starting fluid??) into cylinder, and replace spark plug.  This is much more effective than spraying it into carburetor. It fired and after couple tries would run few seconds until fuel gone.  Great.  So cleaned carb (the Honda one off GX200).  and rigged small gas tank to feed it.  I had used the original gas tank on something else.  Reworked the governor linkage with old coat hanger, so it is functional.   With it just setting on ground got it running and stay running off gas going through the carb.  And governor works though probably could make a better linkage.  Ok, just call me the small engine necromancer... LOL

Admin
Admin

https://homesteadtinkerer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum