Homestead Tinkerer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

$100 52cc chainsaw.

Go down

$100 52cc chainsaw. Empty $100 52cc chainsaw.

Post by Admin Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:06 pm

My big Makita saw stopped running so while I figured it out, I needed a saw. Bought a China 52cc off ebay, brand new for little under $100 as a stopgap. Ok friend had bought one of these few years ago. Ok for light use but nothing to write home about though I personally used it only couple times helping him. Well this is a clone of it in different color. But having lived with it for while now, first it actually cuts as well as any 52cc saw. Helps whole lot to squirt some ATF in the bearing in nose of chain bar. It was bone dry brand new when I first tried to use it, causing chain to bog down. I couldnt find my grease gun for bar so squirted ATF into bearing. Think it works better than grease long as you do it before each use.

Look once you get stuff tightened up (you find out first couple uses what is going to come loose and fall off!) and get used to it, it does fairly well for a cheap saw. They want more than this for entry level Poulan saw at box stores and that Poulan is tiny in comparison. I now of course have parts for the Makita but kinda want to see how well the China saw holds up. Its not as powerful as the 64cc Makita, but cuts firewood ok so far. Just saying if you dont mind tinkering and need a cheap saw.... Probably less hassle than buying an old used saw that sells for under $100. And way they price pro saws anymore, if you just cut your own firewood, you could probably buy a new China saw every year and not do any worse. My guess, with care it should go maybe 5 years. This is by no means a pro saw, but rather amazing for a new $100 saw way stuff is priced in 2021.

Admin
Admin

https://homesteadtinkerer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum