Homestead Tinkerer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

openvpn in Debian 12 (Bookworm) repositories

Go down

openvpn in Debian 12 (Bookworm) repositories Empty openvpn in Debian 12 (Bookworm) repositories

Post by Admin Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:44 am

Apparently is buggy version. Openvpn people updated, Debian hasnt yet. I found this when trying to get Azilink working in "DebianDog Bookworm". Got segmentation fault for openvpn when it tried to call /etc/azilink.opvn I just nuked /usr/sbin/openvpn and statically copied it from MX which uses older version. Azilink isnt picky, old or new, linux or windows, as long as its working version openvpn. Sure Debian will get newer version soon.

Oh by way DebianDog Bookworm has same problem as some Puppies with Debian version Easytether. You have to create workgroup easytether and then add user. Think I mentioned exact commands for getting Easytether set up in Fossapup. Apparently newer version of adduser in Bookworm, the older option flags didnt work, so had to guess and got it done. Probably should wrote it down. From memory the old -S and -s flags now replaced with --system. Cant remember the other one, unfortunately didnt write it down, but do adduser --help and sure you can figure it out. Easytether and Azilink both work in DebianDog Bookworm.

Admin
Admin

https://homesteadtinkerer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down