Homestead Tinkerer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A tale of three keyboards

Go down

A tale of three keyboards Empty A tale of three keyboards

Post by Admin Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:07 am

I got given to me three keyboards. One cheap chicklet bluetooth. One a $30 pink mechanical keyboard (red switches?). And one a $80 mechanical (blue switches) that can do usb cable, bluetooth, and 2.4G. Yea all new. The chicklet key bluetooth works but not robust signal. Pair it with usb adapter and it will drop connection. Usual chicklet type, much like drumming fingers on table top. The $30 pink one, gotta say I really like it (not the pink...LOL), usb cable only. Very nice feel when touch typing. Its a shorty. Same with the $80, much heavier weight. Blue switches, nice feel to it. Easy connection with usb cable of course. Fought with bluetooth and 2.4G connections. User manual is tiny font and clear as mud after hunting up magnifying glass to read it. Still not sure why it started working but did. Strong signal, paired with phone or converted chromebook had 100% signal strength. Paired with usb adapter more like 38% which still strong stable connection.

I had always hesitated "wasting" money on mechanical keyboard. But this is so superior to the chicklet or usual cheapie desktop keyboard that its not funny. I am not a gamer, but appreciate the feel of it for touch typing. Now watch out these tend to come in weird garish colors with flashing lights. I got the backlights turned off on the $80 one but still had light around the base. Didnt find way to turn that off. I guess these are marketed to gamer kids that want such keyboard disco. The pink ones really mystery, like they were made for ten year old girls into Disney princesses. Do they give a rat's behind about mechanical keyboards?

The $80 one is very nice, but not $50 nicer than the $30. If I had to pony up cash, think I would try maybe even go lower than that long as it was full mechanical switches and not membrane hybrid. Oh the pink one also came with a mouse. Been using it this afternoon. It not namebrand but seems ok. But real test is how long it lasts. Even namebrand ones dont last that long anymore.

Admin
Admin

https://homesteadtinkerer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum