Homestead Tinkerer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dehumidifier for emergency potable water

Go down

Dehumidifier for emergency potable water Empty Dehumidifier for emergency potable water

Post by Admin Sat Aug 10, 2024 9:35 am

Long story I wont go into, but am recently proud owner of a room dehumidifier. Havent had one for a while. Yep they use significant electric, but maybe about like an extra smaller refrigerator.

Anyway I live in an odd area of the South where its very humid ALL summer, yet there tends to be minimal rain. Yep my old well can go dry. Have hauled potable water for house use at times, thankfully not for some years now. One really actually needs relatively little water compared to how much most households use per day. Meaning mostly using it for consumption and basic hygiene. Think camping out only in your own house. Well voila, its no free lunch, but you get both comfort and potable water for the price of the electricity. If you dont need it for consumption, it is relatively pure water so better for plants.

If using the water for consumption, you would want to keep the built in collection bucket/bin very clean.

Be interesting to figure solar panels needed for it to run off grid.

Admin
Admin

https://homesteadtinkerer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum